Senior Town Planner+ | North Yorkshire | Full or Part time | Flexible + Remote working
Fancy a slice of life in stunning North Yorkshire? With this company, you can be a hop, skip and a jump from the Yorkshire Dales, the North York Moors and the towering coastline of Flamborough Head but with all the modern conveniences of the thriving city of York and the nearby hub of Leeds.
I am working with a consultancy in York who are so flexible around working patterns that you could choose town, country, city or coastal living within a considerable radius of York and still enjoy working for this fresh, energetic and commercially successful business.
About the company:
Established for over a decade and with a presence in the Yorkshire and London markets as well as delivering a range of projects nationwide, the company has grown to 15 staff across 3 disciplines (Town Planning being the largest).
Typical sector work includes mid-large scale residential developments, greenfield strategic site promotion, large urban and community extensions, mixed use projects, commercial developments and brownfield sites across London and other cities.
They operate a relaxed professional environment and really look after their staff. They are open to modern working practices and would consider remote working for highly experienced candidates with the proven skills to deliver results offsite. For less experienced staff, flexibility and some home working is a genuine option – their focus is on project delivery and how / where you achieve this is largely down to the individual.
For site visits and client meetings, the company operate a hire car system and pay mileage for short trips so a driving licence is essential.
- You should be a qualified Town Planner with at least 3 years’ experience in a private or public sector environment. As a minimum, this should be your 2nd Town Planning role in the UK.
- Great news if you are already a chartered member of the RTPI, but having MRTPI status is NOT essential for this position. You should have the qualifications and/or experience that will enable you to become chartered over the coming years with their mentoring and support, but it is not an immediate requirement of the person specification.
- You must be technically excellent. Your report writing skills should be top notch and you should have the concentration levels to be able to batten down the hatches when required and put together high-quality statements and reports under time pressure that will give every chance of achieving permissions and winning appeals. They are looking for busy bees, not networkers or business developers.
- You will need to be adept at building a strong rapport with the company’s existing clients, communicating effectively on project details and offering solid advice based on up to date planning knowledge.
- You must have at least some experience working on residential-led projects.
- Any additional experience, eg. appeals, hearings, community consultation, heritage, EIA, local plan work is all welcome and valued.
- Overall, you should be a well-rounded, highly competent, committed individual who is keen to work for a progressive, flexible and sociable company.
- Ideally the positions are full time, but if you are looking for part time hours (minimum 3 days per week), then please do apply as there may be options for you.
Pay & Benefits:
You will be awarded a competitive salary dependant on experience (minimum £30k but upper limit really does depend on your individual experience and current remuneration).
Bonuses are paid annually to all staff when they meet their billable hours targets. They are based on just doing your job well so are fully achievable and are NOT based on you needing to win any new business.
So, if you have at least 3 years’ experience in the Town Planning industry and are looking to progress your career with an energetic, nimble and growing business in a beautiful part of the country and you are hoping for flexibility and a better work life balance as a result, do give me a call!
If this role appeals and you would like to know more then please contact Claire Lewis on 07983 143 831/020 7859 4246 or send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include a phone number).
All conversations will be on a strictly confidential basis and you can rest assured that your CV will never leave our sight without your express permission.