Senior Planner (Reading)
Are you an MRTPI Senior Planner in the Reading/Thames Valley area? Are you looking to work for one of the leading planning consultancies in the country? This firm are a hugely successful and ambitious organisation with a national network of offices.
You will be joining a large, modern, open-plan, multi-disciplinary office where planning is one of the key disciplines. They have a really impressive client base of local and national housebuilders, developers, land owners, property companies, government organisations, public sector bodies and more. They work on exciting projects that tend to be large in scale giving you fantastic exposure to really innovative and a diverse range of schemes (including but not limited to residential, mixed-use, commercial and strategic sites. The team have been operating in Thames Valley region for a long time and are one of the key names in the area.
The successful candidate will MRTPI and are likely to have around 3-6 years’ experience. You should have a good understanding of local, regional and national planning policy and experience in preparing/submitting planning applications. Consultancy experience would be advantageous, but we can also consider applications from those in the public sector. Your responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a team on large scale residential, mixed use and commercial developments
- Promoting large scale residential and mixed-use developments (both Brownfield and Greenfield) through the Local Development Framework and by coordinating professional teams to submit applications
- Conducting research and site appraisals on projects for our client base
- Co-ordination of project teams and project management of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications
- Preparation of planning and economic statements
- Providing planning appeal support
- Policy representations
- Developing professional networks
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, continual CPD, exposure to great projects, structured progression and reward as well as being part of a lovely team and office environment.
To apply for this role and to discuss it further please do not hesitate to contact Ruth Hoggett (firstname.lastname@example.org). By clicking apply, please be assured that your CV will not be sent to the client until you have been fully briefed on the role and given permission for us to do so. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.