Principal Development Management Officer
I am currently working with a Hertfordshire based Local Planning Authority, who are looking for a Principal Planning Officer to join the team during a very busy time, delivering high-quality developments while seeking to enhance the New Town and Garden City environments within the LPA.
The LPAs Local Plan is currently at examination and proposes to deliver major growth in growth in the Borough during the next plan period. The successful contractor has the opportunity here to make a positive contribution to the determination of major planning applications in the borough.
Your main duties and responsibilities are as follows, if successful in securing this role:
- Acting as the case officer for planning applications, including large major proposals
- Assisting and mentoring more junior staff
- Principal Planning Officers may also have delegated authority to determine some types of applications
- Use knowledge of planning legislation to provide pre-application advice and clear guidance to applicants and agents with the submission of planning applications
- Conducting site visits
- Ensuring that all approved applications coincide with the Local Plan
- Provide any information relating to land and property to professionals such as solicitors, conveyancers and planning agents, and members of the public
In order to be successful in securing this role, you must have previous experience at a senior level of dealing with large scale, strategic planning applications at a United Kingdom based Local Planning Authority. You must have a degree or diploma in Town Planning, or a related discipline and hold full or licentiate membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
You must have access to your own car to carry out site visits for this role. Home working can be negotiated with the LPA once thorough the interview stage.
The rate for this role will be commensurate with the successful contractors previous experience, but is expected to be in the £35 - £40 p/h range.
If you would like more information on this role, please get in touch with Sean, 020 3795 4828, email@example.com
More searches like this
- Central Government Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Essex
- Consultancy Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Essex
- Housing Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Essex
- Property Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Essex
- Local Authority Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Essex