Senior Planning Officer
We are currently working with a local authority based in the Berkshire area, who are looking to take on a Senior Planner for an initial 3-month contract, but this is highly likely to roll on for a considerable length of time. This role will involve:
- The processing of planning applications from complex minors to large-scale majors, prior notification applications and applications for advertisement consent.
- Undertaking consultations in accordance with statutory and local requirements.
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Negotiating and communicating with applicants, agents and consultees.
- Advising members of the public, parish councils and District Councillors.
- Assessing proposals in line with national and local planning policies and guidance and all other material considerations (including representations made by consultees).
- Preparing reports and making recommendations on delegated planning applications and to Planning Committees.
- Issuing decision notices in accordance with the statutory and other procedures of the department including incorporating conditions and where necessary reasons for refusal.
- Providing written and verbal advice on development management to members of the public, developers, Parish Councils, District Councillors and others.
The council are looking for a Planner with recent experience working in a local authority on planning applications. The area is rural, with urban pockets, and therefore you will need to be able to drive for site visits.
There is some flexibility with home working, and this can be negotiated.
If you would like more information, please get in touch with Sean at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 020 3795 4828.
If this role is not quite right for you but you are considering contracting, or looking for a role anywhere nationwide, it would be great to hear from you. We do not advertise all of our posts.
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Housing Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Property Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Local Authority Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire