DM Team Leader - Kent - 6 Months - £55/hour + (OUTSIDE IR35)
One of the council’s Vivid supply to in Kent currently require a Supporting DM Team Leader to help manage the DM function. They can offer a 6-month contract and offer a very competitive rate of £55+/hour OUTSIDE IR35. This is an urgent role so please do get in touch ASAP if you wish to apply, we will then organise a phone or face to face interview and an offer should follow from there if successful.
- To support the acting team leader of this part of the Development Delivery service by mentoring and helping to support a team of planning staff – including urban design and conservation specialists.
- To liaise with and advise members of the Council on development management issues and deputise for the acting team leader when required, preparing for Committee; presenting reports and giving advice to the Planning Committee.
- Provide guidance and support to staff (permanent and temporary) on key professional and handling issues arising from their caseload; ensuring a consistency of approach and an efficient and effective service to customers.
- To carry out weekly work reviews to provide guidance to various team members as agreed with the acting team leader.
- To sign off applications and informals (subject to delegation arrangements) on a basis to be agreed with the acting team leader.
- To handle a caseload of more significant applications and sensitive applications and to work closely with the Strategic Sites and Design Manager on those cases where that post holder is responsible for strategic professional direction and sign-off.
- To mentor and support team members who may be giving evidence as the Council’s expert planning witness at local hearings and public inquiries.
- To deputise for the acting team leader as required.
- To provide support in Development Team regarding key sites and provide timely and positive contributions to corporate projects.
- To support and mentor staff so that all recommendations and decisions taken on applications are clear, concise, comprehensive, and capable of being defended.
- To advise customers about planning matters including giving and authorising advice on the likely acceptability of development proposals in accordance with the scheme of delegation.
- To seek continuous improvement to meet performance standards and targets set.
- To support the acting team leader in investigating and responding to complaints related to the team’s activities with a view to resolving the complaint and identifying customer service improvements.
- To carry out other tasks as requested by the acting team leader to support the work of the team.
Please do give Alex Lyon a call on 0161 413 7290 for a confidential chat to find out more about the position, alternatively send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for DM Team Leader - Kent - 6 Months - £55/hour + (OUTSIDE IR35)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Central Government Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone
- Consultancy Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone
- Housing Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone
- Local Authority Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone
- Other Public sector Team Leader Youth Work Full Time jobs in Maidstone