I am working with a Local Authority based in Dorset who are looking for an experienced Planning Solicitor. The contract is an initial 7 month contract, with an opportunity to be extended.
The job role is to provide legal advice to the Councils and their officers on regulatory related issues (including planning, licensing, environmental health, housing, debt recovery) and such other matters as may from time to time be required.
- To deal with regulatory related issues (including as appropriate litigation, RIPA, DPA and FOI issues) on behalf of the Councils
- Drafting and approval of associated documentation
- Attending committees and other meetings as necessary
- Representing the Councils at Court or otherwise where required
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders of the partner Councils
- A qualified solicitor (holding a practising certificate), or a barrister, or a legal executive with rights of audience
- Extensive knowledge of law, relating to planning, environmental health and homelessness
- Familiarity with IT systems including time management systems
- Recent advocacy experience in the magistrates court and county court
- Recent civil and criminal litigation experience
The rate is to be negotiated and dependant on the experience of the solicitor appointed.
The Local Authority are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to contact Amy on 02037954828, firstname.lastname@example.org and she can give you more information.
I have experience working with local authorities within the South West of England, should you be looking for other positions in this region please get in touch so we can discuss further!
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Dorset
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Dorset
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Dorset
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Dorset
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Dorset