Policy Team Leader- Surrey- Exclusive role to Park Avenue
I am working exclusively with a council Surrey who are looking to bring on a Planning Policy Team Leader on a permanent basis.
As Team Leader, your overall responsibility is to oversee the elements involved in connection with the Council’s Local Plan. More specifically, to manage the production, maintain, and monitoring of the Council’s Local Development Scheme and Local Plan documents for the area.
Other aspects of the position will include commissioning surveys and studies, provide written and verbal evidence to examinations and inquiries, and engaging with other Local Authorities on their plans.
Of course, a fundamental part of your role is the ability to effectively manage the Planning Policy Team. You will supervise, develop, and appraise staff to help them understand and undertake their roles.
As Team Leader you must also be able to provide advice to stakeholders and the public, as well as oversight on Planning Policy advice on applications. In other words, good communication and initiative are crucial.
Ultimately the successful candidate will be employed to continue professional development and to implement improvements accordingly.
The salary my client is prepared to offer for the position is between £50,000 and £60,000 dependant on certain factors, such as experience etc.
The council are also offering a generous employment package including:
· Flexible working/compressed hours
· 36 days Annual Leave, rising to 41
· Local Government Pension Scheme- the council will contribute 15% of your annual earnings
· Car Parking/ Travel Loans
· Employee Discounts
· Professional subscriptions paid for
This role promises to be an exciting challenge in a beautiful and busy part of the country. If you would like to be put forward for this role or some more information on the developments taking place at the Local Authority, please get in touch with Jack on 020 3795 4828 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey