Associate Town Planner (Birmingham)
Are you a Town Planner in the Birmingham area operating at Associate or Associate Director level? Are you looking to work for one of the leading planning consultancies in the country? This firm are a hugely successful and ambitious organisation with a national network of offices. Their Birmingham office is based in the city centre.
We are seeking applications from MRTPI chartered Town Planners to join one of the leading planning teams in the Midlands region. They have a really impressive client base of local and national housebuilders, developers, land owners, property companies, government organisations, public sector bodies and more. They work on exciting projects that tend to be large in scale giving you fantastic exposure to really innovative and a diverse range of schemes (including but not limited to residential, mixed-use, strategic (site promotion work), commercial, energy and infrastructure. The team have been operating in the Midlands region for a long time and are one of the key names in the area.
The successful candidate will be MRTPI and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning. This could be gained from either another consultancy environment (preferred) or client side operator. Local authority backgrounds will be considered but at this level you must have some private sector experience to compliment this. You should have a good understanding of local, regional and national planning policy and be confident interpreting it coupled with plenty of experience in preparing/submitting planning applications for a range of uses. Your responsibilities include:
- Promoting large to medium scale residential, mixed-use, employment and other developments (both brownfield and greenfield) through the Local Development Framework and then by coordinating subsequent applications
- Conducting research and site appraisals on projects for our client base
- Preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications of all sizes/types.
- Running applications, appeals and inquiries, as well as development plan promotions
- Preparation of planning and occasionally socio-economic statements
- Lodging appeals and potentially appearing at Informal Hearings
- Developing client relationships as part of our team as well as developing client relationships and generating work
- Co-ordination of internal and external project teams and project managing schemes
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, exposure to great projects, structured progression and reward, a leading name behind you as well as being part of a lovely team and office environment.
To apply for this role and to discuss it further please do not hesitate to contact Ruth Hoggett (firstname.lastname@example.org). By clicking apply, please be assured that your CV will not be sent to the client until you have been fully briefed on the role and given permission for us to do so. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
More searches like this
- Consultancy Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Birmingham
- Housing Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Birmingham
- Property Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Birmingham
- Other Private sector Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Birmingham
- Partnership Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Birmingham