Senior/Principal Town Planner | Infrastructure focus | London/Thames Valley/South West |
Our established multidisciplinary client requires a Town Planner to work on a mixture of major road and rail projects alongside delivering infrastructure planning associated with other sector developments including housing, education, healthcare, leisure and commercial activity.
Working at Senior Planner or Principal Planner level, we are looking for a professional with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a consultancy or local authority planning and a master’s degree in a planning-related field. Some experience of infrastructure planning and the DCO process would be valuable but this can be picked up if you are a fast learner with a can-do attitude. However, to be successful in this role, what is essential is good development management experience and a solid, up-to-date grasp of the UK planning system.
- Proven knowledge of UK planning system
- At least 4 years’ experience in consultancy or local authority
- Competent project management skills
- Strong report and proposal writing skills
- Confident oral presentation skills
- Ability to liaise and engage with clients and colleagues at all levels
- A confident and fair team player
- Ambitious attitude with the desire to develop and improve through continued professional development
Useful (but not essential) skills:
- Working knowledge of DCO processes
- Understanding of Parliamentary Bill process
Choice of office locations available in either London, Thames Valley or the South West.
Excellent salary and package available for the right candidate.
For further information and to have a confidential discussion please call Claire on 07983 143 831 | 020 7859 4246, or apply by sending your CV (with contact number) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this role is too senior, too junior, or too far for you to travel but you are looking for your next role in Town Planning, please still call us - we are keen to discuss our other opportunities with you.
More searches like this
- Central Government Team Leader Transport Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Consultancy Team Leader Transport Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Education Team Leader Transport Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Housing Team Leader Transport Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Property Team Leader Transport Full Time jobs in London (Central)