We are currently working with a local authority based in the Essex area, who are looking to take on a Planning Officer for an initial 6-month contract, but this is highly likely to roll on for a considerable length of time. This role will involve:
- The processing of householder and minor planning applications
- Undertaking consultations in accordance with statutory and local requirements.
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Negotiating and communicating with applicants, agents and consultees.
- Advising members of the public, parish councils and District Councillors.
- Assessing proposals in line with national and local planning policies and guidance and all other material considerations (including representations made by consultees).
- Preparing reports and making recommendations on delegated planning applications and to Planning Committees.
- Issuing decision notices in accordance with the statutory and other procedures of the department including incorporating conditions and where necessary reasons for refusal.
- Providing written and verbal advice on development management to members of the public, developers, Parish Councils, District Councillors and others.
The council are looking for a Planning Officer with recent experience working in a local authority on householder and minor planning applications. You would need to be able to pick up a caseload of applications and work through them with minimal supervision. The area is rural and therefore you will need to be able to drive for site visits.
There is some flexibility with home working, and this can be negotiated.
The start date is flexible, but as they say, the sooner the better!
If you would like more information, please get in touch with Sean at email@example.com, or 020 3795 4828.
If this role is not quite right for you but you are considering contracting, or looking for a role anywhere nationwide, it would be great to hear from you. We do not advertise all of our posts, and if we know you are on the lookout, we will make sure you are the first person we call!