Principal Policy Planner
We are currently working with a Hertfordshire based Local Planning Authority, who are looking to bring on a Principal Planning Officer, to take the lead on a number of projects and key work areas within the Planning Policy Team
The main requirements of the role are as follows:
- To be involved in major aspects of all of the work associated with statutory and non-statutory plan documents and other forward planning policies, guidance and materials.
- Provide an advisory and consultative service in respect of planning policy to other disciplines and council departments.
- To manage project work, including the work of external consultants and public consultation exercises.
- To draft reports and presentations for Council meetings, Committees, working parties and other meetings.
- To review national, strategic and local land use planning issues affecting the Borough and to initiate changes in policies or make robust and active representations on the Council's behalf to relevant bodies.
Some elements of this work will focus on mobility, working with stakeholder to promote active travel within the Borough and embedding sustainable transport into a wide range of corporate projects and objectives. The successful applicant will take the lead on maintaining strong relationships with local transport partners and bodies, to promote the interests of the Borough Council.
With this, the Council are ideally looking for a town planner with expertise and/or an interest in sustainable transport, as well as plan-making more generally.
The contract length is initially set at 3 - 6 months, though there is scope for it to be extended beyond this original contract. The hourly rate is negotiable, commensurate with the relevant experience of the successful applicant. Flexible working arrangements can also be negotiated.
If you would like more information on this position, or others we are working on in the Northern Home Counties, please get in touch with Sean on 020 3795 4828, firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in. email@example.com
Apply for Principal Policy Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly