Team Leader (Development Management)
We are currently working with a Bedfordshire based Local Planning Authority to source a Team Leader to join their Development Management team in a permanent capacity. The council are one of the most progressive local authorities in the area with a high-level of commercial acumen with their Investment Framework looking to increase commerce in the area. This includes a number of new assets and enterprise zone development initiatives which the planning team will be heavily involved in.
Key developments in the area include:
- £200m worth of development on 20-acre site, including an iconic 17,500 – 23,000-seater stadium.
- A £25m project, building a new shopping facility and 118 new residential properties.
- A business park with high-quality, new build opportunities from 2,500 – 20,000 sq. ft and plot sizes to accommodate buildings from 2,500 – 50,000 sq. ft. This also comes with an on-site hotel and gym facilities.
- £300m development, including 685 apartments, retail leisure space, a hotel, a piazza and a park.
- A £400m development, with 500,000 sq. ft of high-quality offices and an aspirational retail and leisure component.
- Over £400m worth of developments relating to major infrastructure changes creating 10,000 additional jobs but 2030 in the area, including a new Direct Air to Rail Transit system and a commercial development including a 170 bedroom hotel.
Overall, there are 8 strategic development sites, encompassing engineering, innovation, employment, leisure, retail, office accommodation and housing – not to be sniffed at!
It is imperative that the successful candidate for this role has experience in managing major applications and have at least 2-3 years as a Principal Planner or Team Leader within a Planning Service. You must also be RTPI qualified.
The council are providing a generous benefits package including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Childcare vouchers
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Local government pension with generous employer contribution
- Excellent support and development
- Relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- Half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
This role promises to be an exciting challenge with a high volume of large-scale applications to work on in an area at the heart of the country. If you would like to be put forward for this role or some more information on the developments taking place at the Local Authority, please get in touch with Sean on 020 3795 4828 or at email@example.com
Our experienced consultants have been recruiting for local authorities nationwide for many years; we specialise only in Planning are always keen to hear from Planners who would like advice about their next career move.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance of securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Team Leader (Development Management)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Central Government Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Essex
- Consultancy Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Essex
- Government Agency/Quango Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Essex
- Housing Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Essex
- Property Team Leader Urban Design Full Time jobs in Essex