Senior/Principal Policy Planner
We are currently working with a Berkshire based Local Planning Authority to source a Senior to Principal level Policy Planner to aide the council in moving from an emerging spatial strategy to a preferred policy plan. The hiring manager has asked me to make it clear that much of the primary ‘thinking’ has already been formulated and this isn’t a role of ‘responsibility’ – the successful contractor would be lending a hand to the secondary thinking on the interim policy plan.
The vacancy will be for an initial 9 months with potential for extension and the council are offering a competitive rate in line with the successful contractor’s experience.
Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Carry out consultations on the local plan and other planning policy documents including attendance at exhibitions and meetings
- Carry out research as part of your work on the preparation of the local plan and any other policy documents
- Prepare draft sections of the local plan, supplementary planning documents and papers, and reports on them and other planning policy issues, including consultation documents for officers and members
- Assist and oversee the production of documents making up the local plan
- Provide professional advice and training on planning policy and development matters to the public, Members and other professionals
- Prepare and present evidence supporting the council's cases at examinations
- Assist in the supervision of the work of junior planning or technical officers
- Prepare statutory and non-statutory supporting documents
- Conduct member briefings
I appreciate that this a brief summary; if you would like any further information on the role the local authority you would be working for, do give me a call or drop me an email, firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 3795 4832.
Our experienced consultants have been recruiting for local authorities nationwide for many years; we specialise only in Planning are always keen to hear from Planners who would like advice about their next career move.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance of securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in, email@example.com
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire