Community Engagement and Regeneration Project Manager
A rare and exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Community Engagement and Regeneration Project Manager at one of the UK’s leading and award-winning Property Development Company’s.
As a business they are acclaimed for delivering some of the best regeneration and mixed-use development schemes in some of Britain’s largest Cities, creating places that have a positive impact on people and their communities.
They are seeking a highly motivated and energetic Project Manager to lead their community engagement, regeneration and stakeholder communications programmes for one of London’s most prestigious regeneration projects.
This scheme is in its early stages and is designed to facilitate the delivery of a new town centre, new homes, transport infrastructure, public realm and other amenities generating economic growth and employment.
Working in partnership with the Local Authority and acting as a public face for the project, you will engage with diverse stakeholders encompassing local politicians, businesses and community groups to identify and address their needs whilst mitigating those with commercial objectives.
This role is critical to the development process as you will provide valuable intelligence and insights in to the local community that will contribute to the development of the masterplan, design process and definition of place.
- Develop and deliver site wide community engagement and consultation strategy.
- Develop and maintain local communications infrastructure, identifying and communicating key messages in partnership with PR/Comms teams, Council and external consultants
- Direct community and stakeholder engagement activities including statutory consultations, organisation of events, management of consultation consultants, briefings, tours, meetings as well as speaking publicly when required.
- Actively engage and establish strategic partnerships with schools, local youth groups, sports and charities etc.
- Assist with the development of a community facilities plan to meet s106 obligations and address community needs.
- Evaluate and monitor project progress against business plan objectives.
- Support estate regeneration activities in parallel with master planning, CPO and delivery teams including liaison with the council and residents.
- Report to JV Board, monitor budgets
- Liaise and build working relationships with Council Officers, Elected Members and committees.
The successful candidate will have a natural interest in and enthusiasm for regeneration and urban development, with a desire to promote collaborative working practises with communities and external stakeholders.
Furthermore, you will have acquired a minimum of five years post qualification experience project managing the development and delivery of regeneration projects and community engagement programmes for the built environment in either the public or private sector.
Finally, you must have exemplary communication skills, strong commercial awareness, ability to understand complex issues, problem solve, work strategically and build consensus.
For additional information, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright on 0207 318 5263 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org