Senior Planning Officer
Park Avenue has been instructed by a West Midlands based local authority, who have a requirement for a Senior Planning Officer for an initial 3-month basis. This role will involve:
- The processing of minor to major planning applications (some will be very complicated), householder applications, prior notification applications, applications for advertisement consent and applications for works to protected trees.
- Completing all stages of the registration and validation processes including ensuring that the fee is paid correctly in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Assessing proposals against their conformity with national and local planning policies and guidance and all other material considerations (including representations made by consultees)
- Preparing reports and making recommendations on delegated planning applications and to Planning Committee.
- Issuing decision notices in accordance with the statutory and other procedures of the department including incorporating conditions and where necessary reasons for refusal.
- Providing written and verbal advice on development management to members of the public, developers, Parish Councils, District Councillors and others.
The council are looking for a Planner with recent experience working in a local authority on planning applications, and ideally some experience with the Uniform system. This role can either be set out as full-time, part-time, or compressed hours (37 hours in 4 days).
If you would like more information, please get in touch with Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 020 3795 4835.
If this role is not quite right for you but you are considering contracting, or looking for a role anywhere nationwide, it would be great to hear from you. We do not advertise all of our posts.