Planning Manager - Developer (Essex)
Osborne Richardson is delighted to be working with an award winning developer. Our client has several years of innovative design and high quality property development experience, specialising in residential schemes.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a minimum of 5 years' Plannning experience. The successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running, as our client has a portfolio of development sites at various stages of the planning process throughout London and the South East.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Carrying out planning appraisals of sites assessing their suitability.
- Unlocking both immediate and strategic residential development opportunities.
- Building a good understanding of current and emerging local and national planning policy.
- Leading and liaising with architects and other consultants.
- Negotiating at pre-application stage with planning officers and subsequently submitting planning applications.
- Managing planning appeals.
- Monitoring emerging local development plans that may affect the company's core business areas.
It is essential that candidates have:
- Experience of working on residential schemes
- Able to think strategically
- Used to working with minimal supervision and have an ability to use one's own initiative
- Experience of liaising with local authorities
- Will have strong communication and decision making skills
- MRTPI or MRICS qualified
Additional desirable attributes would be:
- Client-side experience
- Knowledge of planning in London and the South East region
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary ranging from £55,000 to £65,000 depending on experience + discretionary bonus.
If this role is of interest please apply now. Alternatively, if this role isn't quite right but you are seeking a new role in Planning, please email me (CJ Obi) - cj @ osbornerichardson.com or call me on 0207 291 1150