Senior/Principal Planning Officer
We are currently working with a local authority in the Bedfordshire area, who are looking to take on either a Senior or Principal level planner for an initial 3-month contract, though this is likely to roll on for a considerable length of time. Please note this role will be an end of April/early May start.
This role will involve:
- The processing of planning applications, from complex minors to larger residential application of up to 250+ dwellings. There will also be some work on industrial applications (B2 to B8), EIA Screenings and some regeneration work.
- Undertaking consultations in accordance with statutory and local requirements.
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Negotiating and communicating with applicants, agents and consultees.
- Advising members of the public, parish councils and District Councillors.
- Assessing proposals in line with national and local policies and guidance and all other material considerations (including representations made by consultees).
- Preparing reports and making recommendations on delegated planning applications and to Planning Committees.
- Issuing decision notices in accordance with the statutory and other procedures of the department including incorporating conditions and where necessary reasons for refusal.
- Providing written and verbal advice on development management to members of the public, developers, Parish Councils, District Councillors and others.
The council are looking for a Planner with recent experience working in a local authority on planning applications, and who can join the team and very quickly pick up the work. The area is rural with some urban pockets, and therefore you will need to be able to drive for site visits. Please note this local authority is easily commutable by both car and by train from London.
There is some flexibility with home working arrangements, and this can be negotiated.
If you would like more information, please get in touch with Sean at email@example.com, or call 020 3795 4828.
If this role is not quite right for you but you are considering contracting, or looking for a role anywhere nationwide, it would be great to hear from you. We do not advertise all of our posts.
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Housing Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Property Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Local Authority Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire