Principal / Technical Director grade Planning Consultant (Built Environment)
Associate / Principal / Technical Director grade Planning Consultant (Built Environment)
Location: Manchester (Nottingham, Chelmsford or Maidstone would also be considered)
To help realise plans for continued growth, SLR is seeking a Planning Consultant to join at Associate or Principal grade within the Manchester office, or at one of the other locations highlighted above. Working closely with SLR’s Head of Built Environment Planning (based in Shrewsbury), the successful candidate will take a lead on project management of Planning and Environmental Assessment projects for a range of B.E. clients; leading on client contact and coordinating input from professionals across SLR’s diverse technical discipline teams. As well as leading on delivery with existing clients, the successful person will work closely with the Head of Built Environment Planning to formulate a strategy to continue the expansion of SLR’s client base and workload into one of several existing SLR offices. For the right candidate this is an exciting opportunity to be involved in setting the growth agenda in their local region and beyond, at a time when SLR’s outcome focussed approach is making a difference to our client’s aspirations.
SLR is one of a very small number of employee-controlled, global environmental and advisory consultancies, with around 1200 staff working across 5 global regions. In conjunction with colleagues, our team of expert Planning Consultants work across a portfolio of high profile projects providing Highways & Transportation Planning, Urban Design, Masterplanning and Landscape Architecture and are supported by SLRs broad suite of Environmental, Advisory and Engineering technical discipline teams.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Be a degree qualified Planning consultant, either holding or working towards Chartered status (RTPI/RICS or equivalent) with technical and commercial expertise gained within the Built Environment sector.
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of making a beneficial difference to client outcomes by pro-active management of consent risks.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with and influence clients, colleagues and regulatory professionals, along with excellent report writing, presentational, project management and administrative skills.
- Have a network of contacts and clients within the Built Environment sector, and a proven track record of originating and securing new and repeat commissions.
- Hold a full driving license.
- And, above all, have an enthusiasm and desire to play a key role in the continued development of SLR’s Built Environment offering.
Along with competitive basic salaries, all SLR staff enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits including a cash car allowance (Senior grade upwards), BUPA, pension, life cover, business class travel insurance and much more. In addition, for individuals contributing to continued growth and success of the business there is the potential to gain an equity interest in the business through its shares options scheme. SLR has ambitious plans for growth over the next few years, and can offer outstanding scope for progression based on performance and unhindered by artificial barriers thanks to its flat management structure.
If you want to discuss any part of this opportunity please contact Chris Macleod or send a CV outlining your location preference and current salary package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
Apply for Principal / Technical Director grade Planning Consultant (Built Environment)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly