Policy Officer- West London
I am working with a Local Authority in West London, who are looking to hire a contract Policy Officer as soon as possible.
This vacancy will be for an initial 6 months with potential for extension to 12 months and is paying up to between £30-£35 an hour. There is also the possibility for homeworking and flexible working arrangements.
Duties of the role include:
- Carry out consultations on the local plan and other planning policy documents including attendance at exhibitions and meetings
- Carry out research as part of your work on the preparation of the local plan and any other policy documents
- Prepare draft sections of the local plan, supplementary planning documents and papers, and reports on them and other planning policy issues, including consultation documents for officers and members
- Assist and oversee the production of documents making up the local plan
- Provide professional advice and training on planning policy and development matters to the public, Members and other professionals
- Prepare and present evidence supporting the council's cases at examinations
- Assist in the supervision of the work of junior planning or technical officers
- Prepare statutory and non-statutory supporting documents
- Conduct member briefings
I appreciate that this is a brief summary; if you would like any further information on this role and the local authority you would be working for, do give me a call or drop me an email, firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 3795 4828.
Our experienced consultants have been recruiting for local authorities nationwide for many years; we specialise only in Planning and are always keen to hear from Planners who would like advice about their next career move.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in. email@example.com
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Surrey