Planning Policy Manager
Park Avenue are currently working on behalf of a local authority in Surrey, to recruit an Interim Planning Policy Manager.
It is anticipated that the initial term of this contract will be 3-4 months, though the total term will be determined by the success of the LPA’s permanent recruitment drive.
This position will involve, but is not limited to:
- Leading the Planning Policy Team, supervise, develop and appraise staff, to help them understand and undertake their roles.
- Leading the Planning Policy Team and managing the production, maintenance and monitoring of the Council’s Local Development Scheme and Local Plan documents for the borough in accordance with statutory procedures and best practice, ensuring coordination with the corporate policy direction, the work of other services and the Council’s other plans and programmes.
- Commissioning surveys, studies or other specialist services as needed and manage such projects effectively.
- Providing written and verbal evidence to Local Plan examinations and public inquiries.
- Ensuring that the duty to cooperate is fulfilled, including engagement with other local authorities on their development plans, and to promote the interests of the Council in cross boundary strategic planning work.
- Being responsible for the briefing of senior management, the Portfolio Holder and other Executive and non-Executive Councillors, in relation to planning policy activities, including the preparation and presentation of reports.
- Advising stakeholders and the general public in relation to planning policy matters and to deliver effective community engagement in the production of planning policy documents.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have significant planning policy experience, including team management, and experience of participation at local plan examinations or inquiries
The hourly/daily rate for this position is subject to negotiation dependent upon your relevant experience. If you would like advice on the sort of rate of pay you would realistically be looking at, please get in touch and we would be happy to advise.
If you would like more information about this position, or to register interest, please apply via Planning Jobs, or get in touch with Ella Lamport or Richard Harris as below.
020 3795 4828
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in West Sussex
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in West Sussex
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in West Sussex
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in West Sussex
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in West Sussex