Senior Planner (Minerals and Waste) - Manchester
Senior Planner (Waste and Minerals) - Manchester
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience
Our client, a UK leading multi-disciplinary consultancy are urgently looking to appoint a Senior Planner (Waste and Minerals) to work as part of their established planning team in Manchester. The successful Senior Planner will be working to deliver a variety of applications for mainly public sector projects.
As a Senior Planner you will:
- Provide consistently high professional advice on planning matters to clients, members of the public, Councillors and others as necessary.
- Contribute to stakeholder engagement and analysis of consultation results in line current regulations
- Develop planning policy relating to client's needs on minerals and waste matters, ensuring development is based on robust and sound evidence which will stand up to scrutiny at examination and is in line with current national and European legislation.
- Be involved in service improvements and our business operations to ensure resilience competitive edge, efficiency and effectiveness going forward.
- Support your peers and mentor more junior staff to ensure project and team targets are met and knowledge and expertise is shared whilst assisting to secure new and repeat work in the way you deliver projects.
You will have:
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- High level of ability to prioritise and manage a workload whilst working flexibly to meet both the commercial and contractual needs of the business.
- Demonstrable experience of working as a senior planning officer or consultant in the public/private sector.
- A high level of knowledge and understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation.
- Being ambitious to enhance the reputation of the Minerals and Waste Planning service for innovation, quality and timeliness of delivery
In return the company are offering:
- An competitive starting salary and full benefits package
- A friendly and professional working environment
Interested? To discuss this vacancy and other positions within the town planning sector, please do not hesitate to contact HARRIET ALLAN on 01792 365104 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.