Town Planner / Senior Planner
Our client is a leading Town Planning consultancy with an national presence. They are seeking to appoint a Town Planner / Senior Planner to join their expanding office based in the Bracknell area.
Our client has an established, large planning team in Bracknell, and they have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, ambitious and commercially minded Town Planner / Senior Planner to join their growing team to work on a broad range of planning projects. The candidate will play a key part in delivering the teams' existing work requirements as well as assisting with further growth across the South East region with the successful candidate helping to develop and deliver opportunities and building on the teams' success to date.
You will need to have both excellent technical Planning skills, strong development control experience and experience in Town Planning. You will be expected to help with planning and delivering projects and supporting developing both new and existing client relationships. You will join this supportive team environment to work on a diverse range of prestigious projects in the residential, commercial and mixed use sectors, of various types and scales, including exciting regeneration and place making opportunities and will enjoy outstanding professional development and career opportunities from a leading consultancy.
- Delivering a comprehensive planning service on large scale residential-led, commercial and mixed use developments in and around the East Midlands
- Promoting residential, mixed use and commercial developments (both Brownfield and Greenfield) through the Local Development Framework and by coordinating professional teams to submit a range of applications
- Co-ordination of project teams and project management
- Conducting research and site appraisals on projects for our client base
- Preparation, submission and negotiation of planning applications
- Preparation of planning and economic statements
- Policy representations
- Developing client relationships
- Further raising the team profile and Business Development in the Bracknell and Berkshire area
- Are MRTPI qualified or working towards it
- Have good planning experience, particularly in the South East / Berkshire area
- Have solid development control experience
- Have experience of working on residential and mixed use developments
- Have an ability to undertake quantitative and sequential assessments
- Are committed and have an eye for detail
- Used to working with minimal supervision and have a strong ability to use their own initiative
- Are personable and have a strong team capability
- Have excellent organisational and project management skills
- Have strong communication skills, both written and oral
With this role there is real potential for further progression if a high level of performance and entrepreneurial drive is demonstrated. This is an exciting opportunity for either an existing Planner to grow into a role, or an established Senior Planner looking for career direction and development with an award winning and leading Town Planning consultancy. Please submit your CV now for consideration for this role.