Principal Planning Officer (2 posts) Development Management
Salary: £37,306 to £40,057p.a
Plus Local Government Pension Scheme
Hours: 37 hrs per week
Calling all experienced planners with drive and ambition!
Looking for a new, exciting challenge?
Hoping to improve the quality of your leisure time?
Then the Christchurch and East Dorset Councils Partnership (CBC & EDDC) offers the ideal solution
Not only can we offer:
- stunning coastline and great beaches
- beautiful countryside
- excellent water and land based activity opportunities
- high quality and historic built environment
- an International airport
- good road network
….but we can also offer you the opportunity to join our Development Management Team which has recently been restructured to provide improved resilience and enhanced career opportunities. Our aim is to become a top quartile performer, delivering high standards of customer service and development of a quality that we can be proud of. To assist us in achieving this we are growing our teams to include these two new posts.
Working for the Partnership involves:
- dealing with planning applications which will deliver the ambitious growth programme
- work on new neighbourhood sites which combine residential, commercial leisure and social forms of development
- local and national ecological and landscape designations
- a rich variety of heritage assets
- coastal issues
- partnership working between two local authorities
- working to two local authorities with different development needs and aspirations reflecting the urban/coastal nature of CBC which includes edge of urban conurbation planning issues which also impact on the rural nature of EDDC
- an inside view of Local Government Reorganisation (LGR) giving all officers a sound understanding of the financial and operational challenges facing local government
- a range of schemes from an AONB development to an International Airport, and everything in between.
- Working with local partners and the Dorset LEP to deliver the growth agenda
The Partnership provides staff with a range of benefits including recently refurbished offices and very flexible working arrangements as well as:
- Subsidised membership of local leisure centres, including for a family member too
- Childcare vouchers and family friendly working practises
- Free staff car parking
- Support for further training opportunities, for example Leadership and Management skills
For further enticing details of your new life in the Christchurch/East Dorset area please spend a few moments looking through the documents that can be found here: https://www.visit-dorset.com/explore/towns/christchurch, http://www.moors-valley.co.uk/ , http://www.highcliffecastle.co.uk/
Please note this is a politically restricted post.
These posts are based at the Civic Offices, Christchurch but one will sit in the East Dorset District Council Team and the other in the Christchurch Borough Council Team although work may be allocated in either council area. An ability to travel around Christchurch and East Dorset is required.
The Partnership is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
For an informal confidential discussion about this role, please contact Jane Lynch, Head of Planning, on 01202 795104 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may contact Lynda King, Development Management Manager, on 01202 795283 or email@example.com
Applications must be returned by: Midnight on 11th September 2017
Interview Date: w/c 18th September 2017
To apply for the role, please click the APPLY button.
No CVs please.