Principal Planning Officer - Bedfordshire - Development Management - 6 Months
Principal Planning Officer – Bedfordshire – 6 month contract – £30-£40/hour
The purpose of the role is to carry out the professional duties of a Principal Planning Officer, to be responsible for a full range of development control matters, to lead a caseload of major applications and related appeals, and to input to the wider professional work of the planning service.
- To lead a caseload of major applications (housing schemes of 50+ units), within set timescales, including carrying out necessary site visits and negotiation of changes and legal agreements to schemes on behalf of the client and external agencies.
- To gather evidence to prepare appeal statements, case files and other legal documents as may be necessary and to attend and give evidence at public enquiries and other formal legal hearings.
- To contribute to the development of strategies, procedures and policies in areas assigned to the post. This will include acting as the lead officer for designated areas of Development Management.
- To be responsible for the delivery of service priorities, aims and objectives assigned to the post by appropriate means.
- A planning degree recognised by the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Chartered Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Knowledge dealing with Major Planning applications and section 106 agreements and sound working knowledge of Development Management, including local, regional and national policies and priorities.
- Some experience of working in a political context
- Experience working in a development management department
- Proven experience with Major Planning applications
- Proven experience of presenting cases to formal legal inquiries.
To apply for this position email your CV to email@example.com or call 01614137290 for a confidential chat.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Youth Work Trainee Central Government jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Full Time Youth Work Trainee Consultancy jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Full Time Youth Work Trainee Education jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Full Time Youth Work Trainee Government Agency/Quango jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Full Time Youth Work Trainee Property jobs in Buckinghamshire