Senior Planning Consultant
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Senior Planning Consultant as maternity cover on a 9 to 12 month fixed term contract at a rapidly expanding planning consultancy who have forged an exemplary reputation for delivering planning approval for major strategic development schemes across the South East.
As a key member of the team you will provide specialist planning consultancy to major house builders, landowners, developers and investment funds in conjunction with supporting the directors on specialist projects.
In addition you'll project manage and assist with the delivery of a diverse range of instructions comprised of major strategic planning applications from 50 to 1000 units encompassing new settlements, urban extensions and town centre regeneration schemes;
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of large scale residential led mixed use schemes
- Conduct site appraisals
- Produce planning statements
- Negotiate detailed conditions and reserved matters
- Assist with the agreement of complex S106 agreements and Appeals
- Provide technical planning advise to clients regarding the development potential of assets and major sites
- Assist with the production of written policy representations
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Research and promote sites for development
- Evaluate legislative changes to UK planning regulations and potential implications
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country Planning or an affiliated subject recognised by the RTPI preferably with six to twelve months post qualification experience in planning at a consultancy or at a local authority.
Furthermore you will good written and communication skills with natural commercial acumen and the ability to build strong working relationships with clients, communities and local authority planners.
Finally you must have drivers license preferably with access to your own transport.
This posts represents an excellent opportunity to grow and develop your skills working as part of a team within a friendly and progressive environment.
For further information, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright using 0207 318 5263 for an informal conversation or email email@example.com.