Planning Policy Project Lead
Planning Policy Project Lead
South Oxfordshire District Council are a forward thinking local authority, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Planning Policy Project Lead
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £42,191 - £43,638 per annum
Benefits: A basic 23 days annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. A flexible approach to work; pension scheme; childcare voucher scheme; free parking.
Closing Date: 12 noon, 25 May 2017
Interview Date: 22 June 2017
About the role:
The Planning Policy Project Lead will join the councils at an exciting time to coordinate and manage the work of the policy team. The immediate focus will be to play a part in preparing for the submission and subsequent examination of the Local Plan that accommodates significant housing growth and supporting neighbourhood plan groups to prepare the numerous Neighbourhood Development Plans they have in preparation.
- Leading and managing staff including setting team targets, monitoring and appraising performance
- Providing and overseeing the provision of advice on planning policy matters to internal and external customers
- Overseeing, project managing and preparing draft documents making up the council’s local development plan(s) and other planning policy documents
- Overseeing the promotion of and planning support for town and parish council neighbourhood development plans
- Carrying out and overseeing research into a variety of topics as part of the work on the preparation of the local development plan(s) and other policy documents
- Writing briefs, appointing consultants and managing contracts for specialist work and projects, ensuring they are cost effective and of an agreed quality
- Carrying out and overseeing proactive consultations on local development plan(s) and other planning policy documents
- Preparing and presenting evidence supporting the Council’s case at hearings and inquiries and act as an expert witness
- Ensuring high quality standards and consistency in the provision of professional advice (including reports) at all times
- Undertaking and contributing to pre-application discussions, contributing to the processing of applications in development management and liaison with the local community to ensuring high quality outcomes are achieved
- Degree or diploma in Town Planning, a related discipline or equivalent level of experience
- Minimum of chartered member of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Significant experience of working in Planning, including policy work
- Good interpersonal skills with customers and stakeholders, demonstrating an understanding of individual needs
- Able to provide readily understood professional advice to customers and stakeholders
- Good negotiating skills, actively listening to others’ viewpoints and explaining the organisational perspective
You may have experience of the following: Planning Policy Project Lead, Project Manager, Project Management, Senior Planning Policy Officer, Town Planning Officer, Planning Policy Project Manager, Planning Project Lead, Planning Project Manager, Urban Planning Officer, Development Management Officer, Planning Officer, Planning Policy Officer, Planning Consultant, Town Planning etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.