Director of Planning- Manchester
At Peter Brett Associates, we’ve got our own ideas, opinions, and views about how a planning business should work. And we’re making them happen. We’re already an award-winning multi-disciplinary consultancy and an accredited Sunday Times Best Company.
We’re looking for a Director of Planning based in Manchester to lead our Planning team and help us expand our portfolio of private sector clients both in the region and nationally.
This is a vital strategic role within the business, building on the diverse range of skills and experience of the existing staff. An important objective for the role will be to further grow and develop the team. The importance of this role is such that if you are successful in fulfilling the huge potential this opportunity brings, you may progress to equity ownership within a short period of time.
Your strong network of industry contacts, work winning ability and private sector experience in development management, strategic policy and planning will speak for itself. What’s just as important is that you are resourceful, flexible and ambitious.
In return, you’ll discover a great commitment to your career and an opportunity for equity ownership. We also offer a competitive salary and access to a range of company funded and flexible benefits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Extending the range of private sector clients as part of a wider strategy for PBA Planning in the North West and nationally
- Continuing to build on our established profile and reputation
- Effective client management to ensure we are meeting our clients’ needs and exceeding their expectations
- Leading, coaching and developing existing staff, and where appropriate bringing in new team members, to support the strategy
- Becoming an active member of the Planning Strategy Group, setting, leading and implementing the national planning strategy
To succeed in this role you’ll need to be resourceful, flexible and ambitious and demonstrate experience in the following:
- Skilled in the development of work winning opportunities to achieve optimum business performance
- Significant experience (minimum of 10 years) within the private sector development market
- Strong technical experience in development management, strategic policy and planning
- Client relationship management and excellent presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of effectively managing public inquiries
- Highly successful influencing skills
- Proven ability to lead teams and manage workload, budgets and project co-ordination
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Emma Chorlton, Recruitment Business Partner at email@example.com.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.