Director of Plannning
£65,000 - £85,000 a year
Our client is looking to appoint a Director of Planning to continue to build their capability service to clients in the North west/Leeds market.
Description of the Role
The successful candidate will be working closely with an already strong client base across multiple property classes. The team thrives on individuals who are interested in working across various projects rather than siloed into one niche area within planning. It is a collaborative environment with shared learning integral to delivering the best outcome for their clients.
At Director level, you will have an excellent track record of winning new clients and supporting them through a successful planning process. With plans to increase the size of the team over the next two years, we are interested to hear from individuals or small teams. An exciting opportunity to join a growing and highly regarded firm.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for generating new business for the company via existing and new clients;
- Engaging with stakeholders and local community bodies (public and private), subcontractors, designers and suppliers throughout all stages of planning;
- Managing closely the planning team(s) under your lead and ensuring all projects are running accordingly:
- Managing planning appeals, hearings and inquiries;
- Reporting directly to the executive team, clients, project teams and wider teams on the planning strategy clearly and in detail.
To achieve success in the role, the successful candidate(s) must meet the following pre-requisites:
- Relevant professional qualifications (degree level or equivalent);
- 8 years minimum PQE;
- Full knowledge and understanding of all stages of the planning process;
- Extensive experience in planning applications, appeals, hearings and enquiries;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and well connect and regarded amongst LPA’s.
- High performer in terms of fee income;
- Strong team player and natural leader with clear commercial acumen.
We would be interested in hearing from individuals looking to make a career move. If you are currently at Associate director level and wish to move up the ladder please still get in touch.
Basic salary: £65,000-£85,000 per annum (negotiable on experience)
+ Discretionary Bonus
+ Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Full package details will be disclosed to those candidates invited to interview stage.
The client are looking to interview and make an offer as soon as the correct candidate becomes available. If you are interested in applying for the role please email myself @ or apply online