Canterbury City Council has made a raft of new appointments within its development management and policy and heritage teams.
In a statement the local authority has announced:
- Louise Randall has been appointed as a planner in the policy and heritage team. She joins from Wycombe District Council.
- Shelly Rowse has been appointed as a senior planner also in the policy and heritage team. She joins from Swale Borough Council.
- Austin Mackie has joined as a principal planner from private consultancy to "assist on strategic site delivery".
- Oliver Ansell and Alastair Curran have joined as graduate planners within the development management team.
- Liang Wu has joined on a graduate placement from Sheffield University.
Head of planning Simon Thomas said: "In addition to a long-term growth in application, heritage and policy-related workload; following the recent adoption of the local plan, the city council is now challenged with bringing forward a number of large scale strategic housing and mixed-use sites, as well as managing a number of sensitive heritage schemes within both Canterbury city centre and the outlying towns.
“These latest appointments form part of an ongoing growth strategy as the department builds up both its overall resource and range of skills with both new recruitment and existing staff development.”
Has your organisation recently made a new appointment or promotion? If so, please let us know by emailing email@example.com