Senior Planning Officer
My client, an Authority in Gloucestershire are looking for a Senior Planning Officer to join their team within Development Management, taking a senior role in dealing with strategic county-level planning applications and taking the steps necessary to ensure compliance with planning policy.
You will be joining as a Senior Planning Officer a growing team who are looking to expand their staffing levels with a number of applications being received, therefore looking for someone to process a case load of County Matter and ‘Regulation 3’ planning applications, and/or undertaking associated monitoring and enforcement activities.
Duties and Experience for Senior Planning Officer post:
- To be responsible for processing a caseload of County Matter and ‘Regulation 3’ planning applications and/or undertaking any necessary monitoring and enforcement activities. This will involve all elements of the planning process from pre-application consultations through to presenting reports at Planning Committee.
- To assist in the preparation of reports on development management, monitoring, enforcement or other related planning issues for Lead Cabinet Members, Councillors, Committees, Scrutiny, Cabinet, Full Council, etc.
- To consider planning applications submitted to the County Council, provide appropriate advice and recommendations including conditions to Planning Committee and senior management on these applications, and to manage the procedures associated with the planning application processes including consultation.
- To undertake any planning appeals and as appropriate prepare reports for, and participate in, Inquiries, Examinations in Public, Appeals, etc.
In order to be successful for the Senior Planning Officer position you must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle. You must also be able to clearly demonstrate recent local authority experience handling a caseload of various planning applications.
The client will be looking to pay between £25-35 per hour for the successful Senior Planning Officer and would be looking for somebody to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will work with and ensure that you're in the best hands. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!
Apply for Senior Planning Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Central Government Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Cheltenham
- Charity / Not for Profit Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Cheltenham
- Community Group Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Cheltenham
- Consultancy Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Cheltenham
- Education Trainee Youth Work Full Time jobs in Cheltenham