Planning Manager (Development Management Team Leader)
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Planning Manager (Development Management Team Leader) at one of London's leading borough councils.
Working in one of capitals major and growth and regeneration areas, you will work in a fluid capacity providing strategic analysis and managerial support / input for internal Development Management teams.
In this capacity you will evaluate individual team performance and trouble shoot to resolve and alleviate any issues that may arise or blockages in the planning process.
For instance you will be a lead figure in relation to the delivery of process improvement strategies to improve operational efficiency within Development Management, in conjunction with more basic support that may involve re-allocating cases from teams that may have become overloaded due to a sudden influx of planning applications or unexpected spike in demand.
Moreover you will assist existing Team Leaders by signing off delegated reports for large scale major and strategic applications.
- Manage large and process large scale major applications
- Evaluate individual team performance
- Draft detailed reports
- Identify and implement strategies to improve team performance
- Represent Council at Committee
- Sign off delegated reports
- Provide mobile managerial support to individual team leaders
- Train and mentor junior members of staff as well as resolving complex issues that may arise in relation to specific planning applications.
- Attend and provide input to pre-application meetings for large scale strategic applications.
- Provide managerial support for complex appeals
- Develop effective and cohesive working relationships with Councillors, and external bodies such as community groups, businesses, developers and land owners.
- Play a lead role negotiating complex S106 agreements for investment in the borough's built environment and infrastructure.
- Represent council at planning committee
- Conduct Member briefings
Successful candidates will have acquired will be a full member of the RTPI and have a degree in Town & Country Planning.
Furthermore you will have acquired practical experience as a Development Control Team Leader at a UK local authority with an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues and thorough understanding of the financial effects of the planning process.
Moreover candidates will have strong political awareness and the ability to develop robust relationships with elected members, central government, developers and the wider community.
Another compulsory requirement is to have a thorough understanding of the planning processes, associated legislation, diagnostic skills with excellent communication and report writing skills.
For further information, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company using 0207 629 7220 firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Planning Manager (Development Management Team Leader)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly