Principal Policy Officer
Matchtech are currently recruiting for one of our clients based in Essex who are urgently looking for a Principal Policy Officer to join the Policy team, this will be for a 6 month initial basis with a probable extension past that point. The Principal Policy Officer at this council will have previous experience experience in the preparation of Housing Land Availability Assessments and Local Plan housing policy development.
Hourly Rate: £38-£40 p/hr ltd (please note that this role is inside of IR35)
Duration: 6 months initially
- Achieve service plan objectives/targets
- Ensure that the aims of the Council's Growth & Strategy function are fully aligned and integrated with the Council's wider corporate objectives
- Processing of Development Plan policy documents
- Undertake consultations and presentations, including providing support at public exhibitions in respect of the Growth & Strategy Team's area of work
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of evidence at Examination In Public, planning inquiries and similar forums
- Represent the Council (and where applicable give presentations)
- Preparation of Corporate Reports
- Ability to produce well structured and coherent reports
- Town Planning Degree
- Experience in dealing with complex planning and regeneration issues
- Able to be mobile around the Borough
- Experience in the preparation of Housing Land Availability Assessments
- Experirnce in Local Plan housing policy development
Calling all Principal Policy Officers to this post.
If this role is of interest to you and you would like some more information please do not hesiatte to call me on 01489 898 804 or email me directly at Poppy.Dugan@Matchtech.com.
Apply for Principal Policy Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly