Neighbourhood Planning Officer - Hertfordshire
My public sector based client in Hertfordshire are looking for Neighbourhood Planning Officer to work in their team on a 6 month contract. They can offer very good hourly rates and flexible working form home and condensed.
As the Neighbourhood Planning Officer you will work in the Strategic Planning Team to support the preparation and delivery of the Planning Framework and associated documents with specific responsibility for Neighbourhood Planning and provide advice and guidance on strategic planning issues both within the Council and to members of the public. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice and support to local communities preparing Neighbourhood Development Plans
- To manage Government funding available to support designated bodies in preparing a neighbourhood development plan
- To advise on securing grant funding for Neighbourhood Development Plans
- Preparing necessary reports and policy documentation
- Providing policy advice to Development Management colleagues and applicants
- Represent the Council at appeals, hearings, public enquiries and Examinations on a range of policy matters, including housing land supply
To succeed as the Neighbourhood Planning Officer you must have competence in a variety of IT systems and packages, plus the ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative. You must also have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent and a recognised planning qualification
- Eligibility for RTPI Membership
- Good time management and organisation skills
- High level communication and presentation skills particularly concerning complex or controversial issues.
- A valid license and access to a vehicle
If you are interested in applying for this position, or just want to hear more about it, please give Alex Lyon a call on 0161 413 7290 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. This role needs filling with some urgency and the client can interview next week so please send your CV or call ASAP.
Apply for Neighbourhood Planning Officer - Hertfordshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Full Time Urban Design Team Leader Charity / Not for Profit jobs in Hertfordshire
- Full Time Urban Design Team Leader Community Group jobs in Hertfordshire
- Full Time Urban Design Team Leader Consultancy jobs in Hertfordshire
- Full Time Urban Design Team Leader Local Authority jobs in Hertfordshire
- Full Time Urban Design Team Leader Non-Government Agencies jobs in Hertfordshire