- Contract Type
Sport England published a new strategy in 2016, ‘Towards an Active Nation’ which reflects the national government strategy for sport, ‘Sporting Future: A New Strategy for an Active Nation’. Our strategy focuses on tackling inactivity, helping those who are active to continue to be active, putting the customer at the heart of what we do, encouraging stronger local collaboration and working with a wider range of partners to encourage innovation and behaviour change. Planning for health and improving opportunities through shaping environments that encourage physical activity can contribute to our wider aims.
We are seeking to recruit two Planning Managers to join our busy planning team in our Central Hub area to lead on the delivery of a high quality statutory and strategic planning function across Sport England’s West Midlands, East Midlands and East regions.
Working closely with colleagues our Planners improve the planning, distribution and quality of community sports facilities across England in support of our strategic objectives and fulfil our role as a statutory consultee on playing field redevelopment.
With a track record of achievement candidates must have:
- A degree in Planning or Geography or related discipline with a post graduate degree/diploma in planning (RTPI recognised) and Corporate MRTPI
- A practical and detailed knowledge of planning law
- Experience of working in a local authority or planning consultancy in either policy development, development control (planning applications) or regeneration;
- A proven track record of successfully working with key partners to deliver a high quality planning service
- And be self-motivated with a proven ability to work independently.
Interested? Please visit our website.