Senior Town Planners
Senior Town Planners x 2
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world. As a wholly independent organisation, we are owned in trust for the benefit of our employees and their dependants: with no shareholders or external investors to determine our own business priorities and direction.
Going beyond traditional land use planning, our approach is to provide a holistic service to meet the aspirations and needs of developers, communities, local planning authorities and central government. As winners of the RTPI’s Planning Excellence awards in recent years, our clients expect us to provide the most innovative, professional and reliable advice. As a result, we are looking for senior town planners with the ability to provide quality technical guidance, combined with strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
We ensure our town planners get to work across a portfolio of work that includes securing consents (TCPA, TWA, DCO, Hybrid Bill), preparing local, sub-regional and national planning policy and guidance, delivering consultation and engagement, research and evaluation.
In line with our successful growth, we need new senior town planners for our London office with experience of development management and/or policy planning (ideally both) to help deliver our diverse portfolio of work. An experience of working in the private sector and/or for a multi-disciplinary organisation is preferred, but not essential.
As an ambitious, experienced and collaborative town planner, you will be given the support and freedom to play a key part in the growth of the team, of key client relationships, as well as identifying and pursuing business development leads.
Requirements and Skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Degree and/or masters in town planning;
- Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI);
- Experience of project managing teams and projects;
- Substantial experience of drafting planning reports or strategies for clients, managing the preparation of planning applications and data analysis;
- Attending and leading client meetings and general contribution to the development of a town planning business;
- Developing working relationship with town planners and other disciplines within an organisation and also in external forums;
- Capable of managing a challenging and varying workload which can change at short notice;
- Financial accountability for projects and delivery within budget and programme;
- Confident presenting to clients and key stakeholders and promoting a client’s interests through the use of a wide range of presentation techniques.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of working in the private sector and/or for a multi-disciplinary organisation;
- Business development: promotion, marketing and bid preparation;
- People management, including developing others’ skills and nurturing their careers;
- Multi-disciplinary working with other groups (e.g. Environment, Transport and Project Management).
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance),Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.