Senior Environmental Impact Assessment Consultant
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The Water and Environment practice of Ricardo Energy & Environment, offers a comprehensive range of specialist services within the environmental consultancy sector. Nationally and internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects, our skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors including the European Commission, government, water companies and developers.
We are looking for an experienced EIA / SEA consultant to join our team. The role will support the Head of EIA a as well as other Senior Managers. The individual will be expected to lead and manage their own projects, manage multi-disciplinary teams and deliver all aspects of consultancy. The individual must be able to demonstrate project management and technical expertise, but will also be responsible for writing bids and developing business opportunities.
You will lead technically on planning, EIA and SEA projects and provide clear project management to clients and other team members, both internally and externally. You will lead, project manage and co-ordinate a wide range of studies, manage the technical work of more junior staff and sub-consultants as well as develop follow-on work and new opportunities as they arise.
Key competencies and experience:
- Bachelors (2.1 or above), Masters or PhD in a relevant environmental discipline
- Proven EIA and SEA experience
- Working knowledge of the UK planning system
- Consultancy experience
- Proven experience of project management and leading projects
- Membership of RTPI, IEMA or similar professional body
- Experience in the preparation of proposals and tenders
- Experience in the water industry would be beneficial
Skills and behaviours:
- Excellent team working skills together with strong communication skills and a close attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder and regulatory communications and management skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated to thrive in this busy and demanding environment
- Excellent report writing and bid-writing skills
- Ability to give presentations at all levels
- Good IT skills in commonly used software, e.g. Microsoft Office, internet, email
- Excellent organisational skills
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.