Senior Town Planner
Our client is a leading independent planning and property consultancy with offices around the country, and they are seeking a Senior Town Planner to join their expanding Town Planning team based in Bristol.
They are currently seeking a qualified RTPI Senior Town Planner to join their expanding team based in Bristol. The Bristol office has a wide range of clients, encompassing blue chip, landowners, developers, and local authorities. The Senior Town Planner will be expected to have at least 3 years post-qualification experience, and a relevant degree in Town & Country Planning or equivalent. You should also be a Chartered Planner, or actively working towards achieving chartered status.
The Senior Town Planner will be responsible for managing a variety of different projects, including drafting planning applications, environmental impact assessments, public inquiry submissions, and section 106 legal agreements. They will also be involved in undertaking public consultation, site feasibility studies, the preparation, submission and monitoring of planning applications, planning appeals and site visits.
- Be self-motivated to assist with all aspects of town planning consultancy for many of major clients on a nationwide basis.
- Be an integral part of the successful department, working alongside 20 professionals and support staff.
- Manage of a wide variety of projects from inception to completion
- Demonstrate a high standard of technical competence and professional and ethical standards consistent with best practice
- Be a team player, capable of interacting confidently and comfortably with colleagues
- Work pro-actively under the guidance of the Partners and manage junior team members, whilst helping them work towards their RTPI membership
- Identify opportunities for new business development and build relationships with new clients
- Write proposals for new work and agree fee arrangements, manage budgets for the duration of projects effectively
- Prepare strategic land representations
- Manage community engagement
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- You should be a qualified member of the RTPI with at least three years experience, particularly in the private sector.
- Experience of working with major commercial businesses, house-builders, developers and land owners would be beneficial.
- A full driving licence is required.
- MRTPI qualified with a minimum of three years post qualification experience
- A degree in Town Planning or similar professional qualification
- Experience of presenting at planning committee
- Experience of managing small to medium scale projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A high degree of IT literacy is essential.
- Competitive salary, company car and pension scheme
- Potential to gain significant professional experience
- Potential for career progression
- Excellent terms and conditions
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bonus for business generation
If you are an experienced Senior Town Planner reaching out for career progression or striving to attain chartered status with the RTPI, this consultancy will be able to provide the support and coaching to help you continue your professional development. If you fit these criteria, please submit your CV now.
Apply for Senior Town Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Full Time Youth Work Team Leader Central Government jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Full Time Youth Work Team Leader Charity / Not for Profit jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Full Time Youth Work Team Leader Community Group jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Full Time Youth Work Team Leader Consultancy jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Full Time Youth Work Team Leader Education jobs in Bristol (City Centre)