Planning Policy Officer
Carrington West’s dedicated Town and Country Planning Recruitment Team operate UK wide and we are delighted to be assisting our client with their search for a Policy Planning Officer to join a Local Authority in London.
In a London location, with good transport links our client is seeking a Town Planner to join their Policy Team on a 5-month contract.
The successful candidate will:
• Contribute to the Councils planning, regeneration and economic development policies and information needs and ensure the implementation of such policies in respect of statutory and non-statutory plans, local plans and schemes, development proposals, detailed plans, environmental and landscaping improvements.
• Develop and carry out project briefs and feasibility studies in relation to regeneration and/or economic strategy work, and liaise with staff in Development Planning as required.
• Participate in monitoring arrangements for commissioned work to ensure it is produced to a proper standard and to defined timescales.
• Represent Development Planning on working parties, inter-borough consultations, meetings with Government Departments and statutory undertakers on planning and allied matters including strategic guidance.
• Deal with enquiries from the public, developers, potential developers, other authorities, Council Members and relevant clients on planning, regeneration and economic development issues and proposals involving policy interpretation, planning law, technical criteria or of a research, policy, plan, development control, design or environment nature.
Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or planning experience
Salary: Up to £28 per hour Ltd/Umbrella - dependant on experience
If this role is too senior, too junior, or too far for you to travel but you are looking for your next role in Town Planning, please call Ben Hitchman on 02393 876027, we are keen to discuss our non-advertised opportunities with you.
Are you a Town Planner who is considering your options? A 5-minute confidential phone call to the team could save days of wondering…
We are always looking for talented Town Planners.