An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Planner to work at a picturesque Local Authority in East Sussex.
My client urgently requires a Principal Planner to assist with the management of a medium sized Development Control Team.
You will be responsible for signing off applications, as well as dealing small caseload of complex major applications.
You will be required to conduct the following duties;
- Process complex Major applications
- Sign off applications
- Manage Team
- Liaise with developers, consultancies and architectural practices.
- Consult with members and liaise with external bodies
- Draft detailed committee reports and present at meetings when required
- Produce detailed committee reports
- Conduct site visits
- Negotiate and finalize the discharge of conditions as well as reserved matters
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a Senior or Principal Planner in Development Management with proven track record processing applications and managing/mentoring junior members of staff.
Applicants must have a degree in Town & Country Planning and excellent written and communication skills as well an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues and applications.
For further details, please feel free to contact Tzenat Abraham on 0207 318 5877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org