Head of Cities Programme
The Design Council is an enterprising charity that is widely recognised as a leading authority and UK government’s advisor on the use of strategic design. We address all aspects of design including product, service, user experience and design in the built environment, using design as a strategic tool to tackle major societal challenges, drive economic growth, innovation and improve the quality of the built environment.
The Cities Programme works with and advises governments, local authorities, trusts, foundations and developers on good design within the built environment in conjunction with supporting the delivery of well designed development at all scales in places across the country.
This is an exciting time to be joining the Design Council as we aim to re-define our strategic direction and put in place new programmes and ways of working. As our Head of Cities Programme you will be a pivotal figure in shaping the Cities Programme.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, with your team of six highly developed specialists you will engage with high profile professionals in the built environment and design sectors to provide first class services enabling our clients to create well designed places through the Cities Programme and will build the programme identifying and successfully driving the development of new business.
We are looking for a proactive and innovative individual with substantial experience of successfully driving services and major scale programmes forward, including;
- A solid background in and working knowledge of contemporary urban design/architectural issues, statutory planning and emerging policies that will have an impact on the built environment
- Substantial experience leading, managing and developing teams
- Exceptional communication and exemplary client management skills
- Financially astute and with significant budget management experience
- Good commercial awareness with a proven track record of winning and developing new business.
For further information and an informal discussion, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.