Associate Director Transport Planning
On behalf of our client we are currently seeking to appoint a Transport Planning Associate Director to be based in their central London office. This role has been created to expand and develop the existing successful Transport Planning team.
We are looking for a dynamic senior individual to both develop the Transport Planning business whilst developing an enthusiastic team. Working with a large and varied number of key private and public sector clients the role will be primarily focused upon delivery of major projects from inception through to delivery and developing key client relationships.
As a member of the team you will be involved in the management of internal and external client relationships and the preparation of proposals and bids appropriate to your grade. You will also guide and review the work of less experienced staff, and have Project Director and staff management responsibilities.
You will play an important part in the continued growth of the team across the South East, identifying resource requirements and through the pursuit of business opportunities with both existing and new clients. You will help to increase the profile of the business, being able to provide thought leadership around changes in transport policy and technology.
The workload is diverse, including:
- Preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plans;
- Development control and regeneration projects;
- Transport policy and strategy;
- Review of Network modelling;
- Highway and cycling design;
- Sustainable transport projects;
- Preparation of Environmental Statements.
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Transport Planning, Engineering, Town Planning, Geography, or a related discipline.
- You will have 10 or more years' relevant experience to have the skills and knowledge required to undertake this role successfully.
- You will have either have been awarded or nearing Chartered or Incorporated status or have equivalent commercial experience and responsibility.
You should be able to demonstrate experience of several of the following:
- Commercial and technical management of projects.
- Business development activities.
- Managing and contributing to multi-disciplinary projects and studies with knowledge and understanding in the planning field, and managing the work of other specialists and less experienced members of the team.
- Technical knowledge of the development of transport schemes from inception to delivery including both preliminary and detail designs.
We look forward to receiving your application.