Planning Officer and Senior Planning Officer
4 days left
- Contract Type
A Local Authority is looking for a Planning Officer and a Senior Planning officer to join their busy team. Within this role you will need to assist the Development Enabling Manager in all aspects of the work of the Development Management section. Duties in Development Management will include processing a range of planning applications.
The role will be paying between £20ph and £28ph depending on your level and experience and the contract is initially a 6 month contract.
Your main duties:
- To process planning applications, Conservation Area Consent, Listed Building applications, Certificates of Lawfulness, consultations from other authorities and advertisements applications including site inspections
- To give verbal and written pre planning advice to the general public, developers/applicants and Members of the Council and other service areas as instructed by the Development Enabling Manager and Area Team Supervisor.
- To prepare reports for submission to the Development Enabling Manager and the Planning Committee.
- To prepare planning statements for Written Representation appeals and attendance at Public Inquiries, Informal Hearings (including the presentation of evidence) dependent upon experience and qualifications as and when directed by the Development Enabling Manager and Area Team Supervisor.
- Attendance at the Planning Committee as and when directed by the Development Enabling Manager.
- To assist in answering both written, telephone and personal enquiries by applicants and the general public.
- Work with colleagues to develop a common understanding amongst, and market the concept of excellence in planning to, senior managers, to gain their involvement and ongoing commitment to promote and encourage all employees to work to planning best practice.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the level of the role as directed by the Head of Planning Services and Development Enabling Manager including assistance with the work of the Enforcement Officers when necessary.
Please apply below or contact me, Charlotte, on email@example.com.
Apply for Planning Officer and Senior Planning Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Full Time Planning Team Leader Central Government jobs in Surrey
- Full Time Planning Team Leader Government Agency/Quango jobs in Surrey
- Full Time Planning Team Leader Housing jobs in Surrey
- Full Time Planning Team Leader Local Authority jobs in Surrey
- Full Time Planning Team Leader Other Public sector jobs in Surrey