Senior Town Planner
Our client is a leading development and infrastructure consultancy with offices across the country. They are seeking a Senior Town Planner to join their expanding Town Planning team in Reading.
Our client is an independent consultancy, and they have a team of planners, engineers and economists who work together to deliver major development and infrastructure projects. They provide trusted advice to landowners and have an enviable long list of clients. Previously voted as a Times Top 100 company to work for, they are a leader in their field.
They are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Senior Town Planner to join their team in Reading, who will be undertaking projects across a variety of sectors, including residential, leisure, education, health, commercial and mixed-use developments. The Senior Town Planner will have the opportunity to work in a truly multi-disciplinary environment, giving access to a broad knowledge base with the support of experts across the consultancy.
You will work closely with a range of clients, including blue-chip organisations, developers and investors, strategic and small scale land buyers, and public sector clients.
- Manage of a wide variety of projects from inception to completion
- Demonstrate a high standard of technical competence and professional and ethical standards consistent with best practice
- Be a team player, capable of interacting confidently and comfortably with colleagues
- Work pro-actively under the guidance of the Partners and manage junior team members, whilst helping them work towards their RTPI membership
- Identify opportunities for new business development and build relationships with new clients
- Write proposals for new work and agree fee arrangements, manage budgets for the duration of projects effectively
- Prepare strategic land representations
- Manage community engagement
- Have previous private or public sector experience,
- Experience of development management / planning policy work is essential
- Strong academic background; must hold both relevant undergraduate and postgraduate Town Planning qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent drafting and report writing skills;
- Understand and have experience of working within the residential sector;
- Good knowledge and proven experience of the planning system and development management procedures
- An accredited degree and likely to have at least 5 years' post qualification planning experience.
- Capable of working on your own initiative or part of a team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel would be useful but not essential
- Able to engage with clients and confident in liaising with all levels of management both internally and externally.
This is an opportunity to join an established consultancy with excellent opportunities for continued professional development and internal promotion. If you are an experienced Town Planner or Senior Planner, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role.