Principal Town Planner – Bristol
Principal Town Planner - Bristol
C£40,000+ (benefits include bi-annual bonus)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated Senior Planner to take the next step in their career and become a Principal Planner.
Our client is a highly successful and busy practice in Bristol with a friendly and motivated team. They provide a complete range of services across every sector of planning, and offer the right person the opportunity to work across the entire spectrum of planning, from both small to large and complex projects, developing a fantastic range of experience across the Built Environment. They have a wide range of technical experience and have built up several strong long-term, client relationships, with the majority of their work coming from word-of-mouth and repeat business.
This is the perfect opportunity for the right Planner to become a part of a wonderful variety of projects with a wide range of clients, from private individuals and householders, to major developers and ecclesiastical organisations. The planning team prides themselves on their professionalism and the effectiveness of the service that they provide.
Due to continued growth, our client has a fantastic opportunity for a talented Principal Planner to join their busy Bristol office.
Working in partnership with one of the Directors of the practice, your main duties will include:
- Drafting planning statements, design and access statements and submitting planning applications.
- Preparing local plan representations and undertaking background research for clients.
- Liaising with stakeholders and undertaking local consultations
- Representing the company at committee meetings and events
- Developing more junior members of the team, through APC and CPD
- Developing new business, either through existing channels or work winning
You will work on projects throughout the UK, alongside a diverse range of people, including landowners, public and private sectors professionals, local politicians and residents.
- Chartered Town Planner (MRTPI)
- Good knowledge of the planning system and excellent communication and report writing skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Ability to use own initiative and have a professional manner and good social skills
- Able to win business and network with new and existing clients
In return they are offering a competitive salary, contributory pension, health care scheme and excellent career progression including full sponsorship & the ability to progress throughout the company at your own pace.
Interested? Get in touch!
01202 888986 ext. 243