This job has now expired
POST TITLE: PLANNING OFFICER
SECTION: DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
SALARY: £29,124 - £31,825
This is a permanent full time (37 hours per week) position
We are seeking an experienced Planning Officer to work in a Borough that faces a diverse range of planning challenges, given our unique combination of rural and urban areas. With post qualification experience dealing with planning applications and appeals, you will be determining a wide range of applications in an area experiencing one of the highest number of applications in Kent.
You will be adept at giving evidence at informal hearings and/or Public Inquiries, and you will need to have a keen customer focus and experience working with members of the public, as well as excellent written and verbal communication. Good communication and negotiation skills are important. Urban design skills would be beneficial.
In addition the successful candidate will have:
- A degree or equivalent in Town and Country Planning;
- Experience of dealing with planning applications and appeals;
- Eligibility for membership of the RTPI is preferred;
- Speed, accuracy and a good standard of written and verbal communication together with good customer care skills;
- Ability to fit into a performance management culture.
If you would like to discuss this position please contact Rob Jarman, Head of Development Management on 01622 602214.
Closing Date: Wednesday 31st October 2012.
Interview Date: Thursday/Friday 8th & 9th November 2012
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.