This job has now expired
- Attend external PR and networking events and relevant business forums.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing customers acting as first line of communication.
- Develop and maintain positive contacts within Local Government
- Support senior colleagues with key accounts and seek guidance on more complex projects.
- Use own significant market and technical expertise to provide high quality professional and technical service which leads to referrals and recommendations and promotes Vail Williams as experts e.g.
- Undertake own research activities and delegate/supervise research activities of junior colleagues e.g. on-line, desktop and telephone, council offices & libraries.
- Undertake analysis of own and junior colleagues research in order to provide best possible information & discuss with customer making sound/ confident recommendations
- Complete all necessary planning related documentation and paperwork within prescribed and negotiated timescales including producing own proofs of evidence and appeal statements
- In appropriate cases give evidence at public hearings and potentially at public enquiries
- Use contacts within Local Government to ascertain how to best present information
- Attend and present at planning meetings and planning committee (including evening meetings)
- Manage own work and projects delivering high quality results on time, in budget and within SLAs as appropriate adhering to agreed formats for reporting/document provision etc.
- Deliver services and work for internal customers adhering to same high standards promoted for external customers.
- Continually seek new business opportunities, discuss with senior colleagues and develop as appropriate.
- Be actively involved in the provision of timely and accurate management information as requested and demonstrate understanding of its importance for efficient management and growth of the business.
- Demonstrate full understanding of and compliance with Vail Williams policies and procedures which relate to own SBU and role and use these accordingly.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of and be able to apply RTPI code of conduct and other legal and compliance requirements to own work and role.
- Mentor junior members of the own team to ensure that they are appropriately developed and involved in projects.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button.