This job has now expired
Senior Transport Planner
An inner London Authority is currently looking to recruit a Senior policy Planner dealing with transportation policies, including but not limited to Local implementation Plan, Sustainable Transport Policy SPD, Cycling Action and Assessment of Tfl/ LIP neighbourhood plans for 6 months
The Suitable candidate would need to the following key attributes:
- Ability to produce and present clear, concise and effective reports, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate effectively with service users e.g. negotiations, presenting evidence or advice in a public forum within the diverse community.
Managing Projects and Resources
- Ability to plan, manage and monitor projects and programmes of work, including ability to act on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Ability to successfully organise and prioritise the workload of team members.
- Ability to use new technology to assist in improving service delivery and personal performance.
Managing Services and Delivery
- Extensive knowledge of up to date issues regarding the legislative, policy and procedural frameworks within which the Transportation Service operates.
- Able to understand technical issues relevant to complex transportation planning projects.
Working Knowledge of
- Ability of working at a senior level within Transportation Planning.
- Experience of providing services to customers and being accountable for these services.
- Experience of developing and/or implementing service improvements projects including understanding of Best Value and other quality assurance systems.
- Experience of ensuring the delivery of Transport Planning projects within agreed timescales and with quality outcomes.
People and Leadership Management
- Ability to supervise staff and provide leadership and direction to individuals, so as to gain commitment and ownership.
- An understanding of performance management techniques.
- An ability to supervise and train staff.
- A qualification in Transportation Planning and membership of, or eligibility for membership of, a relevant professional body.
The contract is looking to pay between £26-£3 per hour and the client is looking to shortlist and interview suitable candidates
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.