This job has now expired
London Borough of Barnet
Senior Planning Officer
Salary: £23,277 - £35,418
Permanent, Full time
36 hours per week
Barnet is looking for a qualified planning officer with significant experience of dealing with planning applications, to assist in the delivery of an efficient and effective planning service. We are looking for an individual with varied experience within a development management role at a senior level.
You will need to:
- Demonstrate their ability to work on their own initiative
- Be enthusiastic, have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be committed to putting our customers first and be innovative and forward thinking.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- process a wide range of planning applications including presenting cases to planning committees
- defend council decisions at appeal
- give professional advice in person and over the telephone to customers and colleagues
- deal with day to day written correspondence.
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.
Closing date: 5pm, 19 September 2012.
Barnet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Barnet operates stringent safer recruitment procedures.
Visit our website at www.barnet.gov.uk
We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
To apply and for more information, please click the "Apply now" button