This job has now expired
Roger Tym & Partners merged with Peter Brett Associates LLP in April 2011, and now offers its town planning, regeneration and development consultancy as part of PBA. Our planning, development and economics team works with the rest of the firm to provide our public and private sector clients with advisory services across the whole of the development process, from project conception through technical development, viability and delivery.
As a result of our rapidly expanding planning, development and economics workload, we are looking to recruit a recently qualified town planner or planning and development surveyor to join our established Manchester team. The principal role will be advising on development viability, whole plan viability and the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL). There is scope, however, to develop the role to contribute to our other projects, including strategy development, planning evidence base work and private sector development management and planning.
We are looking to recruit a positive and enthusiastic team player who has an accredited degree or post-graduate level qualifications, and two- three years’ experience as a town planner or a planning and development surveyor.
The candidate should:
- understand property markets and development viability;
- be highly numerate, ideally in the context of assessing the viability of different types of development (experience of using Circle/Argus Developer software would be an advantage);
- be proficient in using MS Office applications, particularly Excel and Word;
- have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- have good knowledge and experience of the planning system;
- work well within a team, as well as self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision when needed;
- be able to work effectively under pressure and to prioritise workloads; and
- be confident in liaising with all levels of management both internally and externally.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Gathering and analysing property market data to inform assessments of development viability.
- Assisting with viability appraisals for CIL schedules, development proposals, statutory plans and s106 negotiations.
- Liaising with developers, house-builders and agents to gather market intelligence.
- Reviewing policy and strategy documents to draw out key information and presenting it in written summaries.
- Supporting senior staff in preparing reports and presentations for clients.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button.