This job has now expired
21 August 2012
28 August 2012
£45000 - £46000 per annum + pro rata 15 hours per week
A Local Authority in Oxfordshire is looking to appoint a Policy Planning Project Manager on a 18 month contract on a part time basis (15 hours per week).
The post holder is responsible for delivering a set of quality planning policy documents that have been through all the required legal stages. It is expected that the post holder should manage all aspects of the production and ensure that deadlines and targets are successfully achieved. Overall, they prepare and supervise team members and their tasks, manage the budget, direct and control the outcome of a project (but not the content).
Main duties and responsibilities
* To oversee the delivery of the Councils Local Plan (Core Strategy)
* The post holder will need to be extremely organised, personable and have a keen attention to detail. The Local plan is required to be adopted during 2014 and has specific goals and budgetary requirements to be fulfilled.
* The primary aim of the post holder is to ensure that the council's the overall project is completed on time and each stage meets its agreed timeline. It is also the post holder's responsibility to ensure the project stays within budget.
* This role requires a high level of communication skills to deal with multiple consultants, district and county staff, stakeholders and politicians at both district and parish level. The post holder needs to be able to demonstrate to all interested parties a calm disposition under pressure.
* Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of the post holder include liaising with a range of professionals that are working on the project. This will be principally at the district council but also at the county council and with other key stakeholders including developers.
* Responsibilities also include providing independent and professional advice on project management, as well as keeping track of the quality of the work through management, productivity and accounting.
AndersElite provides quality recruitment and human resources services for professionals who work in the built environment.